Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things


I hang my “Christmas swags”. It seems I can never get interior décor out of my mind. Even my Christmas decoration names sound like window treatment styles! All they are is just 3 strands of Christmas décor beads that I drape softly over the top of my windows-right on top of the draperies and then loop the ends over the rods. The color and the glimmer of the beads is beautiful. The beaded garland is available where Christmas decorations are sold. Strands of evergreen garland or ornaments strung on ribbons also make great swags. Try your hand at making your own Christmas window treatments.
You will just love this beautiful and unusual decoration from “across the pond” in Europe for your table. Get a group of 6-7 Christmas balls and remove the top loop part. Put a small artificial single flower down in the balls with a sticky dot on the bottom of the ball. It becomes a round vase for the flower. On a sturdy plate, spread out some stone or glass chips to cover. Use sticky dots on the bottom of the glass balls to anchor them on the plate amid the stones. A few tips on creating this look- choose a color theme for the balls, flowers and stones, usually one floral spray will suffice for the arrangement and use your imagination to come up with different materials or garland that you can nestle the balls into. A picture is worth a thousand words, so here is a completed one for you to use as a guide.
I love decorating- whether I am designing for a client’s home or creating a beautiful mantel for the holiday season. That’s me! I’m cooking up more design goodies for you. See you in the next issue. Always remember to decorate with joy and happiness.

No comments: